Sunday, May 8, 2011

Warlord of Mars - Fall of Barsoom #1 Cover

WARLORD OF MARS: FALL OF BARSOOM #1 Cover
~~ Click on the image for biggie ~~

Hello Pulp Friends,

it looks like COVER WEEK from last week continued this week too with the Lone Ranger/Zorro cover I posted early in the week and today's cover, which allows me tofinally reveal that... I will be doing variant covers for the Warlords of Mars Fall of Barsoom series for Dynamite! :)
As you know, I am a HUGE fan of John Carter of Mars and the whole universe created by Burroughs, so I am jst very excited to be part of a book inspired by those characters :)
Hope you guys dig the look I have given to these covers (a bit of fantasy novel or old school movie poster feel) and can't wait to show you guys the next ones :)

Here's the solicits for this issue:
WARLORD OF MARS: FALL OF BARSOOM #1
Written by Robert Place Napton
Art by Roberto Castro
Covers by JOE JUSKO & FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA

100,000 years before the time of John Carter! Barsoom is a dying world: its once mighty oceans are receding and its atmosphere grows more tenuous by the day. The Orovars, who have dominated for a million years, are on the verge of extinction at the hands of the Green Hordes and the emerging Red Martians. Two Orovars - a Scientist and a General -- race against time to save their people before Mars plunges into barbarism!


Cheers,
Francesco

Artwork © 2011 Francesco Francavilla

4 comments:

JC said...

Everything you touch is magnificent. You bring great honor to Mister Burroughs and his creation, and great enjoyment to all of us. Thank you! The layout, design and composition are wonderful! I tend to read comics I was not planning on reading when you draw me in through the cover.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

I like that one a lot. Very cool.

Stefano Brandetti said...

Very, Very Pulp!

Stack said...

That is fantastic.