Tuesday, April 21, 2009

BB & The Shadow

Black Beetle
Hello Pulp Friends,

sorry for the missing Sunday post but I was in Orlando, FL, for the FX show and didn't have access to my blog. I did have a Live Pulp Sunday edition, kinda, but I will tell you about that in a bit.
Meanwhile I wanted to share some of the convention sketches I have done at the show and I apologize for the poor quality of the images since they are photos and not actual scans.

The Black Beetle one is my very first Black Beetle convention sketch: thank you, James, for allowing me to draw my fav character :) I also colored it (image above) and dressed up it a bit exclusively for this blog :)

Black Beetle
The second is a Shadow sketch I did for the good Chuck Dixon - I will talk more about him later too :)

Cheers,
Francesco

The Shadow

4 comments:

Chad Carter said...

If you've ever seen the movie BACHELOR PARTY with a young Tom Hanks, there's the scene where Barry Diamond (playing Rudy) is watching the exotic dancer and the donkey, and he gets so excited he screams and breaks a beer bottle over his head. Well, that was my reaction when I saw these two guys "together." Thank you, FF!

Unknown said...

Damn. Well, I can't top Chad's reaction, but these are really great to see, Francesco! I'm glad you had a good time at the Con!
-Dave

Unknown said...

that rocks mate

Francesco Francavilla said...

Chad: HAHA! I haven't seen that movie (I think) but I imagined the whole scene :D Thank you, CC :)
Dave: thank you :D Good time indeed, check the short report I just posted :)
Slavi: thank you! :D

Cheers,
Francesco