Sunday, September 9, 2007

"Poison Death" (Jan 30, 1938)

Poison Death
"Crime does not pay...
The Shadow knows."


The Shadow knows and takes it very personal when a murderer is trying to poisoning the city water blackmailing the Mayor using the Shadow's name.
Our Lamont notices some peculiar type font in the blackmail letter left by the impostor and, with margo's help, will track the typewriter used for it and, subsequently, the killer.

The Shadow
The first rendezvous doesn't end good for The Shadow: will he be able to stop the killer before more innocent people die? You never know, when you deal with a "mad chemist"!!!

Enjoy the show (by clicking on the link below) and have a great (pulp) Sunday!

Francesco

Download from the Internet Archive

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Great Blog Francesco, I love what you're doing to your drawings to make them look old, awesome!!

Romain Ronzeau said...

Hello there! I just found out about your new blog and the concept behind it is fantastic. Those first drawings look pretty darn good too. I'll be back every sunday ;-)

BTW hope all's well my friend.

Gannon said...

I don't know how I missed this blog. Great stuff Francesco! I love the yellowed paper look too.

Francesco Francavilla said...

Daniel: thank you, I am glad you are enjoying the old pulp feel of the illo :)
Romain: hey, it has been long time mon mai :) All is well, thankfully, just busy, as you know :) Thank you for checking on this blog: it's fun! :)
Gannon: well there is so much out there that it's easy to miss something now and then ;) Thanks for joining in the pulp fun :)

Thank you all, my friends, I really appreciate the support and feedback :)

Cheers,
Francesco